Score: Evangel 3, Culver-Stockton 2 (OT)
Records: Evangel (6-3-1, 2-2-0); Culver-Stockton (4-4-2, 0-3-1)
Location: Canton, Mo. | Poulton Stadium
CANTON, Mo. – An overtime hat trick from Bianca Biffert helped the Evangel women's soccer team earn a 3-2 road victory Saturday afternoon at Culver-Stockton.
Biffert gave the Crusaders their first overtime victory in program history, four minutes into the extra period off a penalty kick. The freshman also moved into a tie with Amber Ellis for the team lead in goals after scoring in each period for Evangel.
"Overall we did a very nice job of defending as a team," Head Coach Bruce Deaton said. "We continued to press the attack and create opportunities to score and today we were able to capitalize on those opportunities."
How It Happened
- Bianca Biffert opened the scoring in the 6th minute with an unassisted goal to give Evangel a 1-0 lead.
- Culver-Stockton scored in the 22nd minute to tie the game.
- Biffert scored her second goal at the start of the second half in the 46th minute to push the lead to 2-1.
- A late goal in the 85th minute tied the game by Culver-Stockton and Kristi Chinn.
- Biffert's third goal came in the 94th minute off a penalty kick.
- Evangel had 15 shots and seven on goal in the win.
- The Crusaders held Culver-Stockton to 13 shots including none in overtime.
- Biffert scored three goals on six shots for Evangel.
- Josie Gregory recorded four saves in the win.
- Five different Crusaders placed a shot on goal, led by three from Biffert.
Evangel returns home to host Baker on Tuesday. First touch is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. at Coryell Field.
For the latest information on Evangel Athletics, follow the Crusaders on Facebook at Facebook.com/EUAthletics or go to www.EvangelAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Go Evangel Front Row App at EvangelAthletics.com/FrontRow available on Google Play and in the App Store.