Score: Evangel 0, Mount Mercy 2
Records: Evangel (6-7-1, 2-6-0); Mount Mercy (7-5-2, 4-4-0)
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa | Plaster Athletic Complex
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – The Evangel women's soccer team was unable to rally back Saturday falling 2-0 at Mount Mercy in Heart of America Athletic Conference action.
The Crusaders battled to a scoreless tie in the first half, however, Mount Mercy scored twice early in the second period just five minutes apart to take a 2-0 lead. Evangel added the pressure in the second half outshooting the Mustangs, 9-8 but was unable to find the back of the net.
How It Happened
- Three different Crusaders placed a shot on goal in the loss.
- Both teams defenses were stout in the first half with Mount Mercy coming away with the only shot in the first half.
- Carly Walker netted the first goal of the match in the 51st minute to give the Mustangs a 1-0 lead.
- Maisey McCoy scored in the 57th minute to push the Mount Mercy lead to 2-0.
- Josie Gregory finished with two saves, while Charlsey Seidel tallied three saves in goal.
- Bianca Biffert finished with multiple shots for the Crusaders who took nine as a team.
Evangel returns home next Saturday to host Grand View on Homecoming weekend. Action is scheduled to start at 3 p.m.
For the latest information on Evangel Athletics, follow the Crusaders on Facebook at Facebook.com/EUAthletics or go to www.EvangelAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Go Evangel Front Row App at EvangelAthletics.com/FrontRow available on Google Play and in the App Store.